This past weekend we went to the farmers market and picked up two giant organic artichokes. Artichokes are high in antioxidants, high in fiber, and great for digestive health. This is dish is so simple, delicious, and one of our favorites! Make it as an appetizer or as a side dish.
- 2 artichokes
- handful of garlic cloves
- coconut oil
- juice of half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Cut the top and stem off the artichoke.
- Drizzle coconut oil evenly on each artichoke over a pan.
- Squeeze lemon juice on each artichoke over the pan.
- Stuff as many or as little garlic cloves in the artichoke.
- Wrap up the artichokes separately in tin foil.
- Bake for about 1 hour.
- Once done carefully peal back the tin foil and let it sit for about 5-10 mins or until it is cool enough to eat.