We love cucumbers in our house! Cucumbers have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and is known to reduce your cancer risk. Cucumbers are also rich in water and fiber, which are needed for a healthy digestion system.
If you looking for a great side dish I recommend this cucumber salad! We had it last night and topped it on some mahi mahi. It was quick and easy to make, not to mention delicious!
- 3 cucumbers
- 1 small purple onion
- 3 tablespoons of fresh dill
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cube the cucumbers and the onion and toss them in a large bowl.
- Chop up the dill and add to the bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, apple cider vinegar, sea salt and garlic powder in a different bowl.
- Once whisked, add to the bowl and mix throughly.