From Thanksgiving to Christmas (or even New Years), life is always busier than we expect. Here are 5 things I am loving during this busy holiday season!
- Tea! Especially Zhena’s Holiday Tea package! It’s organic, non-gmo, and non-caffeinated, which means I am drinking it all day long! I reuse the tea bag as much as possible. I love this brand because it is not treated with a wide range of agricultural chemicals that are potentially harmful and they do not contain petrochemicals, dyes, artificial fragrances, or preservatives. Tea can seem so simple, but there are a lot of teas out there that contain undesirable chemicals/ingredients.
- Cacao! I love making our own hot chocolate with cacao. It is a Christmas favorite in this house. It’s so simple and you know exactly what you are consuming. If you read your ingredients, the majority of hot chocolate boxes contain artificial flavors. Something I try to avoid. Cacao contains more nutrients than regular coco. Cacao has magnesium and is rich in many minerals. Cacao has also been known to boost serotonin levels, which is the feel good brain chemical.
- Kombucha! What is that you say?! If you have never heard of kombucha it is a fermented beverage that contains a ton of probiotics (good/healthy bacteria). It also had a number of health benefits such as balancing your internal pH, improving digestion, contains antioxidants, strengthens your immune system, and much much more. During the
holidays we tend to consume more junk, have more indigestion and partake in a few too many holiday cocktails. There is nothing wrong with this, but it is important to create balance from within
- Running! This probably doesn’t surprise you since I am training for a 50 miler, but running is a great stress reliever. It also gives
me some alone time to think and start my day off on a positive note. During the holidays life always seems to be extra busy. Find some time for yourself, find something that you love to do whether it is walking, yoga, pilates, dancing in your living room, or biking. Just do something. Move your body. Your body and mind will thank you.
- Bone Broth! Bone what? Yes, I said bone broth… Bone broth is chicken broth, but not the typical watery stuff you find on your store shelves. You can make it at home or find it at a local health food store in their freezer department. Bone broth is a great way to sky rocket your health. Not only does it help balance your hormones faster, but it promotes gut healing, aids in digestion, provides macro-minerals, supports joints, and supports the immune system. On cold days you can sip it in a cup, use it as a soup starter, or even soak your beans in it.