Christmas time is really the only time I truly drink hot chocolate. There is something about the Christmas tree, the lights and sitting around watching Christmas movies while drinking hot chocolate. Whether you love hot chocolate year around or just during the holidays, this recipe is super easy and healthier than any store bought hot chocolate.
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (you can use honey, but I preferred the taste of maple syrup) OR coconut sugar would work as well
- 1.5 cups canned coconut milk (not cream) OR your milk of choice
- On the stove top, heat the coconut milk to your desired temperature.
- Add the raw cacao and maple syrup to a mug.
- Add the coconut milk to mug once warm.
- Mix until smooth – I used a mini frother to mix it.