For Southern California we are having ‘a lot’ of rain. What a perfect evening to make sweet potato soup. Thankfully I had all the ingredients because this was not planned. I don’t typically crave soup, but there is something about rainy days and hot soup.
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes
- 24 ounces vegetable stock
- 1 can of full fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- pink himalayan salt (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 of an avocado (optional)
- Peal the sweet potatoes and cube them.
- Boil the vegetable stock with the sweet potatoes until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Once the potatoes are soft, remove the pot from the stove and add the butter and coconut milk.
- Mix with a hand mixer or in a blender until the the sweet potatoes are all creamy.
- Serve in a bowl and top with cilantro, dash of salt, and slices of avocado if desired.