Looking for an easy NO BAKE cookie recipe?? Well look no further! These cookie balls are super easy, vegan, dairy free, gluten free, and did I mention you don’t have to turn the oven on?!?! Truth be told we never buy any store bought cookies as I prefer simple unprocessed ingredients. In fact, I rarely make cookies to begin with because we try to limit our sugar consumption. BUT when we do have cookies I make them and make sure they contain lots of love with good wholesome ingredients that are very minimally processed!
What is great about these cookie balls is that they are very versatile. My husband prefers peanut butter so typically I use organic peanut butter, but you can use any nut butter you prefer! If you don’t have maple syrup on hand, you can use honey (*note this will change it to not being vegan). I also prefer to use chocolate chips by Enjoy Life (dairy free, gluten free, soy free), but you can use raisins, dried cranberries or any dried fruit source you’d like.
Give them a go and make them yourself:
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 rolled oats
- 1/2 nut butter (I typically use peanut butter)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes (optional)
- Combine everything in a large bowl.
- Thoroughly mix everything until it is incorporated.
- Once mixed, roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
*Note: During the week these make a great quick pre-run fuel source!